Monday, March 10, 2008

The Purge

Yes, pun intended cos I'm down with the fabulous stomach flu (and I've never had it before).
It's been a weird weekend....I thought I was going to die a miserable death as my body shut down slowly.
It started with mild gastric...which led to a horrible bout of nausea and faintness. So I dismissed it as fatigue, cos I've puked out of exhaustion before. But it got worse and worse....I had no appetite whatsoever, and yet it turned into diarrhoea, and yes, eventually the puking came at 6.30am this morning. (Curiously, for my fellow tv series buffs, I could still entertain the thought of watching Lost 3 after crying and puking my guts out at 6.30am, since I was quite awake by then already)

I'm kinda relieved that the Doc confirmed it as stomach flu this afternoon...at least this awful mess has got a proper scientific name to it, and I'm not losing my mind. And after she described the normal progression of symptoms for stomach flu, I sighed in relief. (it sounded rational, like something the doctors on House would say...so I figured it must be right. HA!)

Anyway, I would appreciate prayer...cos I really hv no business falling sick during Presentation week/grading week/staff evaluation week/settle new syllabus in time for new term week etc.

Right now, the sick one is off to watch Lost 3....cos it seems like she has a legitimate reason to bum ard in bed instead of doing proper work.

No comments: