Monday, March 31, 2008

CMV??

I was happily doing my work...when I heard the boss, Abi n Berno utter the following behind me. They were working on some new course manual I think.

"In the beginning, was the key, and the key was with the scale. The scale became chords, and dwelt among us."

Omg, then I burst out in laughter. What a twist on John 1:1. So we joked that it came from the Contemporary Music Version (CMV). Can you imagine if we actually said that in class?? Students would think we came from some weird cult. haha! But anyway....in good natured fun, we came up with even more...see if you can recognise which bible verse its based on. haha!

"Take up your score, and follow the music" (CMV)

"for whosoever believes in the music, shall not perish, but have everlasting song." (CMV)


"Man shall not play by chords alone, but with every note in the scale." (CMV)


I shared all this with Glenn...and he said "erm....You musos are so strange." OK....we're music geeks, I get it. :p

1 comment:

extravaganza said...

you bveat me to blogging about it! lol i wanted to blog about it. but i jsut never actually got down to it hahah!