Sunday, April 20, 2008

"After an Afternoon"

Today, was all about chilling. :) It started with Senior Pastor preaching about the 4th Commandment- understanding the importance of the sabbath principle. I thought it was so refreshing to hear a church teaching us to guard our rest and to live a balanced life...it really is very important especially in a hectic, fast-paced society like Singapore. (I guess the Aussies understand work-life balance a lot better. heh!)

The most memorable part of the service for me was when Pastor Vincent got us to put our fingers on our wrist, to feel our pulse. At first, nobody knew what that was for.....but he went on to make this beautiful statement: "The Sabbath is about feeling your pulse again...about remembering that every heartbeat is a gift from God." That blew me away. :) Keeping the sabbath is all about remembering that God is the sustainer and provider of life. Wow! :)

And so...in keeping the idea of rest, I spent the rest of Sunday afternoon just chilling and hanging out with Pammy and Abi at Brewerkz, Riverside Point. :)

We sat outside to enjoy our beer, buffalo wings and chilli fries over fun & meaningful conversation. Hmmm...although at one point Pammy very randomly said "Joel Houston is so blonde." haha! I dunno what she means, so we'll just let that pass. Anyway, that's not us in the pic...but I think we all a bit camera shy.

Abi and her beer....in an accidental emo shot.

I love the vibe of this whole place...it's just so laid-back, and the view of the river is just so refreshing (dun ruin it by telling me how dirty it is). It's one of those few, non-crowded places in S'pore where I feel like my soul can breathe again.

Ang moh kids playing in the fountain beside Brewerkz. It's just so heart warming to see kids in their natural element eh? I think they remind us not to take ourselves so seriously. :)

A beautiful mess- who cares if we get wet? :)

Soul in the city

No comments: