Sunday, April 13, 2008

Trying to catch my breath

It's been quite hectic the past 2 weeks. Last week was term break, but I had so many things on my plate, that it turned out to be more intense than a normal work week. Still....I'm grateful for God's blessings which come in various forms n mediums. :)

1) Time to connect with old friends like Desmond, Dehui and Shan over weekday dinners. (something not normally possible during my work week)

2) A beautiful, intimate time of worship during the vocal coaches meeting.
- It's easy to get tired/fall into a routine after working at the same job for so many years. But thank God for bringing me back to basics...and reminding me that a song is essentially an overflow of the heart. So far beyond working on our skills and syllabus, we need to first of all guard our relationship with God, and build intimacy with Him. From the overflow of the heart, that song of love, life and truth will spring forth. :)

- I got each of the vocal coaches to share a song that expressed their heart's cry in that season, and to lead us in worship using that song. It was quite amazing how all our songs converged in terms of theme. :) Seems like God was speaking the same thing to all of us....to just drop the cares of the world, to love on Him.

3) I'm not one who likes to leave things unresolved, especially when it comes to major life decisions. But through the fellowship of my cell, I've learnt that a true test of the maturity of one's faith in God, is the ability to handle uncertainty. A Christian writer, Tan Soo-Inn put it this way, "We often try to sprint through life, but life is on a stroll..."

So well...Michelle is trying to catch her breath. :)

And oh....I was really happy to hear Muffin Boy tell me this tdy, "Muffin Boy is giving back" (he got that phrase from American Idol, the "Idol gives back" charity show). Thanks Muffy for reminding us that we shouldn't be whining or waiting to receive, but to take the initiative to love and give. :) And truly, there's a lot of loving to do in this world that we live in.

No comments: