Sunday, October 19, 2008

Transcendere


This spoke to me quite a bit.....

===================================================================

The heart progresses through the seasons.
Like a tree, it is cut down, only to grow back stronger.
It is in that first spring that we are closer to Heaven then we will ever be.
It eventually experiences the nostalgic chill of fall that streams into the death of winter.
Our hope lies in the return of spring, which beckons us to move forward towards the freedom of summer.
Embrace the fall - for winter is inevitable.
This is only a fraction of the greater human struggle.
Embrace the struggle…every meaningful story must have conflict.
This is a season that is necessary for your story.
Hold on…
Behind you are the prayers of the Saints.
…spring will dawn.
For God holds your soul, and God is more faithful than even the seasons.
I find myself in a season where I trust very few….the least of these, Christians.
However, I write this not out of bitterness…but out of desperate hope.
I will continue to press on grasping to a single truth…
…God transcends seasons. (by Daley Hake)

4 comments:

Andrea Khoo said...

Very nice. There are song ideas in there :)

Dawn said...

i find my name in there...
i like my name...
it's hopeful.

Andrea Khoo said...

dawnie, if you want a song named after you, you only need to ask... :)

Michelle-Lea said...

I'm not going to write a song about Dawn/titled "Dawn"....pple will really think we're a couple then! haha!

But Dawnie....in all seriousness, I do love your name. And it shld make you happy to know that my fav bible verse is Psalm 57:7-11 (NKJV). :) Go check it out.