Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What I've Been Up To....

Rehearsal at the Worship Centre on Sun

As RiverLife Church gears up for the Global Leadership Summit on Oct 27th-28th, there has been a mad flurry of preparation and rehearsals over the week. Our church is hosting it for the 2nd year in a row, and our worship min is in charge of all the worship sets and song items for the conference. The rehearsals have been really intense, brains get fried on a regularly basis..haha! (Arun even suggested that we have a power packed GLS 4 day 3 night camp!) But I say that in the best way....its been a really exciting and stimulating time for us artistically. :) And there're always great laughs to be shared among the awesome team that we have here. (e.g. The moment when Arun & Andrea did an imitation of Don Moen singing "Saviour King" was really hilarious!)

It's been fun and I'm learning a lot along this journey! Thanks Andie for taking me along for the ride. :)

Here are some snapshots of our rehearsal on Sun, taken by Jerry, our sound technician.

Beautiful shot of Ivan's guitar

Ivan, our electric guitarist

Andrea on keys....this pic shows the Roland, but the Nord Stage is on its way!!! Yayy us!

Working through the set with Cheryl

Reggie on bass. Love this artistic shot!

Cheryl, one of our worship leaders and my 'neighbour' in the church office with Andrea.


Arun, our "Sitar Hero". haha! He's singing lead vocals on a Jeremy Camp song, "Empty Me" for a song item, and I get to sing back-up vocals for him, which is great cos I love Jeremy Camp! :)

Arun & his backuppers

Me, Cheryl, Seng

Love Ivan's funny button- "I hear God. Does that make me crazy?"

Seng our other worship leader, and vocal head. Nigel called this picture, "Are you SHURE?"
haha! Yes, lame lame.

Our smouldering Calvin Klein model, Jeremy the drummer. haha! Don't ask me why there was so much posing around during rehearsals.

The vocalists

No comments: