Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I'm Sensitive

I just bought Jewel's debut album "Pieces Of You". (yes, I'm quite a few yrs behind i know). Partially under the influence of Shannon....one of my colleagues, who shares my passion for music by female folk singers. While, I won't say that I ADORE Jewel's sound...I must say she has a unique, characteristic sound of her own, and pretty good, nuanced delivery and song-writing skills. Respect!

She's got a sense of humour as too.....see this little chorus from her song "I'm Sensitive".
I totally identify with it btw. :)

"So please be careful with me
I'm sensitive
And I'd like to stay that way"

Another song that I like (for the lyrics, not the melody) is this. Reminds me of Corrinne May's song "Shelter", which I posted a while back.

"Angel Standing by" (Jewel)
======================
All through the night I'll be standing over you
All through the night 'll be watching over you
And through bad times I'll be right there, baby
Holding your hand, telling you everything is all right
And when you cry I'll be right there
Telling you you were never anything less than beautiful
So don't you worry
I'm your angel standing by

Awwwwww!! Isn't that so sweet?? Brings out one's protective instincts.

No comments: