Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Phone call

On Mon, I received a telephone call from Audrey (in Brisbane) while I was working in the office. The start of our conversation went like this:

Mich: Audweeeeeeeee!!!!! (in sweetened, slightly whispery tones...I missed her so much, and was feeling a mixture of surprise, excitement,gladness and relief )
Audrey: Micheee?? Why do u sound like that? *laughs*
Mich: Audweeeeeee!!!
Audrey: Where are you now?
Mich: I'm at work....wait ah, let me find a classroom...more privacy. Audweeeeeeee!!!!!
Audrey: Stoppit stoppit!! You're gonna make me cry!
Mich: Me too!!
(both of us fighting back tears at this point)
Audrey: Ok ok, stoppit! Let's talk abt something bimbo!

I'm quite surprised at how emotional we got over a phonecall. haha! But we've both been going through some tough times, fighting our own battles.....and we can only share via e-mail/ smses most of the time. So to hear her voice over the phone....was quite a big deal for me. So much more personal. Tt's why we 'lost it' I think.

I love you dear. And am praying for you every step of the way. :) Can't wait for you to return, and for us to take up our salsa classes. haha!

Pammy, my love in Sydney, on the other hand....has been sending me really funny msn msges like:
"do u think God hates me for my gluttony?" (she's been attacking tubs of ice-cream)
"should I buy the Gummibears DVD?" (eventually she bought 5 seasons....at a grand total of $65)
" what's that song abt rainbows from sesame st?" (she meant Muppets. "Rainbow Connection")

Pammy makes me laugh lah. :) Thank God for these angels down-under. haha!

Thank God for Bernice too....my lovely, encouraging colleague, whom I get to travel home with on most days. I look fwd to our chats on the bus all the time. :) Last nite, I blurted out "All men are scum. I hate men! Well....except for Sting". (Ok my dear brothers, pls don't take me too seriously. I was quite emotional, pms-ey when I said tt. I love you guys k? But u DO know, tt men CAN be scum at times rite? : p *runs for cover from the maddening male crowd*)

Anyway, Bernice was quite amused...and had to add her own revised version of my statement.
"All men are scum. I hate men. Except for Sting...and Henry" (her bf. who is seriously seriously, a GOOD, NICE guy.)

Our third revision stands as:
"All men are scum. I hate men. Except for Sting...and Henry...and Reg" (Andrea's husband who is not scum either. haha!)

Alrite....who else wld like to add names to that list? hahaha!

No comments: