Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Forth Eorlingas

(please bear with this rather messy, stream-of-consciousness entry....but I'm quite zombified by now)
It's been so stressful at work lately....a lot of deadlines, and last min changes throwing things into total disarray for me. It's not easy handling the whole programme on my own...and I don't mean to complain but I really feel like crumbling from the load sometimes. It's more of the programme planning and administrative work that I struggle with.....going into the classroom on the other hand is always a joy. I love love love my students. Somehow they just manage to cheer me up, and that just makes my day! :)

Today, as I was travelling to work, I had to psych myself by playing the "Lord of the Rings" soundtrack on my iPod. haha! Why? Cos that book/movie is my favourite of all time....it reminds me that there is some good worth fighting for in this world, and that one must always live passionately and purposefully. The last track I listened to was "Forth Eorlingas"....which is essentially the battle cry of the brave Rohirrims. I love it!! I remember Rie and I talking about some personality profile thingy....and how both of us fall into the category that has the need to "save the world". haha! I totally agree....and actually May is like dat too. :) I'm proud of you Agents!!

After work today...I got off at the MRT station and decided to walk home again instead of taking the feeder bus. It's been quite therapeutic and enjoyable...walking home. It cuts through some private housing estate and a park. I feel like Elizabeth Bennet. hee! :) "I'm very fond of walking". I enjoy singing as I walk home, and just talking to God. Today, He reassured me once again of the value and power of my work (something I just needed to hear so badly), and I found myself being moved to tears.

Lord, I really pray you help me to draw these students closer to Your heart,
cause them to fall deeper in love with You.
Lord bless us with David's single-heartedness,
We long to make You our one magnificent obsession.
Make my life count for You God.
Amen.

No comments: