Sunday, March 25, 2007

In Your Arms

In his book "Prayer-Does it make a difference?", Philip Yancey features excerpts from his interviews with ordinary people on the subject of prayer. This particular one, by a lady named Susan, is quite a sweet gem. :) And don't we find ourselves in that situation from time to time?

===================================================================
"Often I pray myself to sleep. I try to calm down thinking to myself, I've gotta sleep, I've gotta sleep. Of course, nothing happens. Now when I can't sleep, I have someone to talk to. I don't have to manage life on my own. God can help keep my heart from jumping out of my throat.

I used to worry about falling asleep during prayer. Now, as a parent, I understand. What parent wouldn't want her child to fall asleep in her arm?"

No comments: