Thursday, June 14, 2007

"La La La" :)

It's been a siong week at work, but a good one. :) I cleared more work than I expected...woohoo! Hearing the students' song presentations was really so ministering to me as well. I'm just so glad and encouraged that they're learning to express their songs sincerely from the heart, rather than just work on impressive vocal gymnastics.

One Filipino student sang "I will run to You".....and she started out as a rather shy, awkward student in the beginning of term. We know that she's been having a rough time in her personal life, and some difficulties hitting her high notes too technically. But as the weeks passed, she started to blossom and come out of her shell. When she sang this week, she just blew me away with her beautiful, heartfelt delivery of the song. The words really spoke to my heart:

"And I will run to You
To Your words of truth
Not by might, not by power,
But by the Spirit of God.
Yes, I will run the race,
Till I see Your face
O let me live in the glory of Your grace."

I was so touched after that, I just wanted to hug her and thank her for ministering to me! This batch of students is so special. Their hearts really shone through. I've been immensely blessed by them.

I've also been learning to pray more, and to 'rest in the One who loves me best'. :)

Other than that, I'm just really enjoying the fellowship, the daily madness and fun that takes place in the BMI office. We had a Tom Yum Ban Mian/Ramen party (the boss treated us to it. Or rather was coerced into it by the brilliant Jaymee! haha!). 8 packs of Tom Yum really made the office smell like Thailand. Students could smell it from outside. haha! And then today, our dear Dorcas cooked Black Pepper Chicken Pasta for us (and the other boss treated us to that! wah! we've been so blessed this week). Because I ordered 'kid's size' I also got an extra pack of Tom n Jerry's potato chips! Yay!! :) It's like Happy Meal lor. hehe! Before we all went home just now, we gathered around Berno at the keyboard to sing together. So cozy and fun! :)

Tmrw I'll be hanging out at Timbre with the BMI folks as well...to celebrate the end of Jordan's exams. It'll be Marcus' first time there too, and he says he's very hyped about it. haha! Initially, Jaymee made a reservation for 4....but soon, the group started to explode as more people joined in. And now, she has to ask for a table for 12. Amazing!

Here are some funny soundbites from the week that's passed:

On my nocturnal habits:
=================
Berno: I couldn't sleep last night, so I went online at 2am hoping to see you. But you weren't there!! So I thought "Even Michelle is sleeping!!!! Ohhhh!!" :(
(Yes, indeed...this whole week I've been trying to sleep earlier at 1 plus or 2am latest. It was part of my attempt to conserve energy, as I knew it was going to be a siong week for me. hehe!)

On my obsessive audiophile tendencies:
===============================
Jo: The new CDs are here!! (referring to the new Paradise Community Church album which i requested for, and the new Building 429 album- "Iris to Iris")
Mich: Yay!!! *super excited*
Jaymee and Marcus: *slowly unpack and sort through pile of new CDs*
Mich: *happily barges in, and excitedly grabs the whole stack of CDs from Jaymee's hands as she's taking too long.*
Jaymee: *shocked* HELLO!?!??!?!
Mich: Oops! haha! Sorry, couldn't wait.

No comments: