Saturday, June 30, 2007

Strength like no other

"You are faithful....Your joy is my strength"

To be honest, I never fully grasped the meaning of that well-known verse from Nehemiah 8:10....
But I THINK I'm starting to.
When I count my life as forfeit for the Lord, when I choose to give this life away...
(Rather than living it for myself...)
I receive the greatest joy that can only come from serving His heart.
And when I see the fruits of my labour in the lives transformed,
when I receive His delight upon me,
that gives me inspiration and strength to persevere on in the journey ahead. :)

"You are my strength
strength like no other
strength like no other
reaches to me."

"In Your freedom I will live, I offer devotion..."


[song lyrics from the new Hillsong album "Saviour King"]

No comments: