Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Little kingdom

A series of quotes by Louisa May Alcott, the author of "Little Women" (which I adore by the way. Of course we hated it when we studied it in Sec sch...but reading it now is completely different I assure you.) I find great comfort in the words of these poets, writers, musicians....they remind me that I'm not alone in my idealism, chaotic inner world, and rich, intense emotions.

====================================================================

"Stay is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary."

"A little kingdom I possess, where thoughts and feelings dwell; And very hard the task I find of governing it well."

"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead."



No comments: