Monday, April 13, 2009

The Comfort Of Strangers

I accompanied my grandma for her chemo session at KK hospital today. And while my aunt & I were in the elevator, this conversation ensued when this ang moh guy and this wee little daughter (prob 3 yrs old) got into the elevator.

Little girl: I'll do it! I'll do it!! *smiles excitedly and jumps up and down in an attempt to press the buttons*
Father: *tries to pull the little girl away from the buttons*
Little girl: I'll do it! I'll do it!!
My aunt & I: *can't help but smile. she's really adorable with her head of blonde hair and blue eyes*
Father: *MASSIVE sigh* I HAVEN'T SLEPT FOR TWO DAYS!!!
My aunt & I: *start laughing. after all, this dude is frustrated enough to share with us in the elevator*
Little girl: *succeeds in pressing some buttons*
Father: *resigned sigh* Ah it's ok...we'll ride up and down then.

2 comments:

extravaganza said...

hahahah elevator rides are cathartic... didn't you learn anything from grey's?

Michelle-Lea said...

haha! You know what I was thinking as I blogged this post!!! Too much Grey's Anatomy man. SERIOUSLY!?!?!?! haha!