Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Let Us Twitter

As a fairly new Twitterer, I must say that it is a pretty magical invention. Even Muffin, who was majorly dissing it initially, has joined the Twitter community. In fact, I suspect he's got a spell of Twittercitis because he is harassing his friends to join as well and is asking me to tweet about how I just had a Mocha Frap from Starbucks! (I refused of cos) So why the fuss you say?

1) I know the very instant when Joel wakes up/surfs/gets on a plane/loses his handphone (poor dude). Its kinda weird...but I'm not complaining about the connection to my fav worship leader! haha! And of cos I get to find out what my frens & other famous people are thinking and doing (eg. Jeremy Camp, Brooke Fraser, Jason Mraz etc). C'mon! That's just plain entertaining and more immediate than 8 days! :)

2) I have cool people across the globe in the U.S following me on Twitter....by cool I mean the media & worship staff team mbers from Lifechurch.tv (Craig Groeschel's church). People I'd gladly intern for! And we're having a conversation over Twitter. I can't wrap my head around that.

3) When I don't feel like writing a lengthy blog post, Twitter, the micro-blogging tool, is very handy indeed. And as Kem Meyer, the Communications Director of Granger Community Church says, "It will make you a better writer. Twitter only allows you to post 140 characters at a time. As a result, you are forced to be concise. In my opinion, this is one of the hallmarks of good writing. Short messages. Short paragraphs. Short sentences."

4) Ok and listen to this.....ABI actually sent John Mayer...yes, THE JOHN MAYER, a tweet!! Amazing how technology connects us in this day and age eh?

Now for those who still think that Twitter is a waste of time, you should read this fantastic blog post by Kem Meyer, "12 Reasons You Should Start Twittering"

[Follow me on Twitter]

1 comment:

g. said...

I think someone owes me a word of thanks? =P