Wednesday, March 08, 2006

His Blanket of Love

" Deep calls unto deep at the noise of Your waterfalls;
All Your waves and billows have gone over me.
The Lord will command His lovingkindness in the daytime,
And in the night His song shall be with me-
A prayer to the God of my life." - Psalm 42:8

"He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust." -Psalm 91:1-2


==================================================================

The pressures of life have a way of caving in on you sometimes....
This week has been stressful for me....work is piling up, we are also undergoing staff appraisals so my boss has been sitting into our classes (which was slightly nerve-wrecking); then there's usual STUFF to be dealt with as well (outside work tt is). It wldn't be an understatement to say that I've been a bag of nerves and jitters this wk. Even as I'm writing, I'm still running on crazy adrenaline. haha!

Well, here's something I've learnt during the week that helped sustain me. My classes have been going through the song "I could sing of Your love forever". I was sharing with my students how they ought to closely examine the lyrics and appreciate them, cos its really such a beautiful song with poetic lyrics. At the heart of the song, is a very open, simple and child-like spirit.

No inhibitions, no self-consciousness...but total trust and confidence, restedness in the Lord's love for us. That really frees you to live. Awesome stuff.


I Could Sing of Your Love Forever (Martin Smith)
-------------------------------------------------
Over the mountains and the sea, Your river runs with love for me
And I will open up my heart, and let the Healer set me free
I'm happy to be in the truth, and I will daily lift my hands
For I will always sing of when Your love came down.

Chorus:
I could sing of YOur love forever (x 4)

Bridge:
Oh I feel like dancing
It's foolishness I know
But when the world has seen the light
It will dance with joy
Like we're dancing now

--------------------------------------------------------------------

So many of us know (mentally) that God loves us....but how many of us TRULY know it, experience it afresh daily, and just DELIGHT in it? I realized how impt it is to take time out of my bz schedule to just rest in God's love for me, to rejoice in it, to soak in it, to let Him BLANKET me in it. Afterall, it is His love that fuels me, that drives me on daily.

I shared all of that with my students...and I was sooooo glad and blessed when this 15 yr old American gal, Katie, came up to me to say: "thanks for that lesson. It was simply great! Not just the techniques, but spiritually too." Thank you Jesus! :)

Because of all the stress surrounding me this week...I realize that I've been spending more time on my guitar/ keyboard. One of the songs that I've been singing over and over again was Corrinne May's "Safe in a crazy world". It reassures me that in spite of the bad/scary things that might happen to me/ pple who come along to frustrate me etc....it's gonna be ok, cos GOD IS MY BLANKET!!! Yes...I can breathe again. :)

May: there is a reference in the song that I think you might catch.*winkz* Clue..its in one of the verses.

Pammy: yes, your msn nick is 'safe in a crazy world' too! I love you sweetie!! God will keep u safe in Sydney. hee! *lots of hugssssss*

Audwee: yeah, pitter patter in the 'puddle of grace'. haha! I'm glad to know it induced the WAFFS for you. You are missed my dear Audweeeee.

==================================================================

SAFE IN A CRAZY WORLD (Corrinne May)
-------------------------------------
I try to smile my tears away
I try to keep my cool
Oh but one more door gets in my way
I feel like such a fool
Trampled and bitter
My heart just wants to bleed and stop
Believing in me

It feels like nothing is for certain
and that nothing comes for free
When they're lowering the curtain
to the theatre of my dreams
I stumble and I crumbled and I'm
Sinking to my knees but you
You cradle me

Chorus:
You keep me flying
You keep me smiling
You keep me safe in a crazy world
You understand me
Embrace my fragility
You keep me safe in a crazy world
And in your arms I find the strength
to believe in me again

Noise keeps chasing me
No matter where I go
Oh and life likes pretending that it's
On a TV show
When it's hard to tell what's real
From what the world just wants to preach
You are the voice I seek

Bridge:
'cause when I'm wrapped up in Your arms
Nothing else can touch me
What a wonderful way to recharge
I feel like I can breathe again

1 comment:

Sngs Alumni said...

I sing a breathy song in tribute to the reference. :) :) :) woo hoo! (and I feel heavy metal! and I'm pins and I'm needles!)