Wednesday, March 22, 2006

"A Remembrance Of Things Past"- Marcel Proust

I am in deep trouble...work is piling up....i have 17 classes to grade, so far I've only completed 1. And all I can physically muster now, is to space out at the comp screen. Perfect.

While re-reading my Taboo (Part 2) post...{which I'm so glad tt Pammy loved), the 'Chai Tau Kway' comment by Wilson caught my eye. Somehow, it reminded me of the lovely day in Dec that Pammy, Aaron, Desmond and I went to watch 'The Chronicles of Narnia' at Orchard Cineleisure.

We only had 10 mins left before the movie started...but Aaron was craving for the Chai Tau Kway at the cineleisure fd court. It was a mad rush, but the 4 of us managed to chomp down a plate of it before the movie started. Afer that, the crazy pair, Pammy and Aaron, STILL wanted to buy a gigantic tub of popcorn. haha!

Think the guys thought the movie was too cutesy/ kiddy...but I really enjoyed the movie! Journeying through the kingdom that the imaginative C.S Lewis created, and seeing the mythical creatures emerge brought such magical feelings of child-like delight and wonder! I was rivetted and gasping (quite loudly) at every turn.....talking beasts, dwarfs, fauns, centaurs!! And it was so cool having Pammy next to me..sharing those funny moments. She would grab my excited arm, laugh, and try to calm me down by saying "yes yes, i know!":)

One fuzzy memory that still sticks in my mind is this....when the polar bears emerged, I instinctively went "*gasp* POLAR BEARRRRRRRR!!!!" (i can't help it...i adore them). Then my dear Pammy whispered, "they're evil my dear!" (the polar bears were pulling the Witch's sleigh u see). Teehee!

Brilliant Pammy also fed me some movie trivia....when the lion popped up, she whispered to me "the lion has 3 million hairs!" Apparently, her bro told her so. It really tickled me...cos each time Aslan appeared, I wld be transfixed on his '3 millions CG hairs'. haha!

Oh, since we're talking abt the lion, I heard from Pammy later...that Aaron who was seated next to her, had a hard time concentrating on the movie. He had 2 excited kids and their mum next to him. The mum mis-informed her kids that the lion's name was "Narnia". So you can imagine, each time the lion appeared,the over-enthusiastic kids wld cry out "NARNIA!!!"....much to Aaron's annoyance. All he wanted to do was yell bk "It's ASLAN lah!!!!" haha! That's hilarious man.

1 comment:

precious said...

Why do you never fail to cheer me up, especially when my day seemed to be going all bad... :)