Friday, March 10, 2006

"Quiet is the new loud"

That's the name of a "Kings of Convenience" album. They're a pair from Norway,one of the leading groups in this whole New Folk Acoustic movement.Like the papers are saying, suddenly less is more, and everyone is singing in barely there whispers, controlled falsettos, and stripped down, quiet acoustic guitars. I'm not gonna complain, since I love acoustic folk music. :)

Check out the lyrics in these Kings of Convenience songs. Beautiful, intense, poetic, surrealistic imagery.
I love that line: "the world is soft around her". (swoon).

WINNING A BATTLE, LOSING THE WAR (MP3 at:http://jazzymoo.multiply.com/music)
==================================================================
Even though I'll never need her
Even though she's only giving me pain
I'll be on my knees to feed her
Spend a day to make her smile again.
As the world is soft around her,
leaving me with nothing to disdain
Even though I'm not her minder,
even though she doesn't want me around,
I am on my feet to find her,
to make sure that she is safe and sound,
to make sure that she is safe from harm.

The sun sets on the war,
the day breaks and everything is new.


SINGING SOFTLY TO ME (MP3 at http://jazzymoo.multiply.com/music )
=======================================================
Things seem so much better when
they're not part of your close surroundings
Like words in a letter sent
amplified by the distance
possibilities and sweeter dreams
Sights and sounds calling from far away
I didn't know you then, now did I girl?
I couldn't hear you singing softly to me
I didn't see the brave girl so near me,
I wanted a mystery that couldn't be solved
I wanted a puzzle with pieces missing.
I wanted a story that couldn't be told
only the fishing part of fishing

And now I find
it was you all the time.
I'm in love again-
It's too late now.

No comments: