Wednesday, March 29, 2006

You Came To My Rescue....

I cleared my work last nite (well, cleared FOR NOW)after slogging the wkend away. So, I chose to wake up luxuriously late this morning...erm afternoon (so late you don't even want to know the exact time). Decided to reward myself by going shopping before class.
One of the things I really wanted to buy was the new United Live CD. Esp.after Andrea posted some really brilliant lyrics from tt album on her blog. haha! Anyway, I've been hunting for it, but they ran out of stock at the Junction 8 Life bkshop.

I found it at CD-Rama at Popular. When I got back to the office, i realized, HEY!! BMI IS SELLING IT! (stock had JUST arrived). Nehneh! Warrau, felt like an idiot running abt town. haha! Oh well....but it felt wonderful listening to the CD...cos I had sung a few of the songs on the album while I was visiting Hillsong Church in Sydney.

I remember one of the songs that really touched me and renewed my passion for God, for worship was "Came To The Rescue". It's very simple, but it brought much needed comfort, and assurance during that time of 'spiritual drought'.

Came To My Rescue
===================
(Marty Sampson, Dylan Thomas, Joel Davies)

Chorus:
I called, You answered
And You came to my rescue
And I want to be where You are

Bridge:
In my life, be lifted high
In our world, be lifted high
In our love, be lifted high

-------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the song that Andrea posted on her blog, which made me want to run out and buy the album immediately. :) Was quite impressed by how Joel Houston's song-writing has matured yet again. Wisdom beyond his years man. This song reminded me why I'm in my job in the first place....to (re)ignite that passion/ life-style of personal worship. Like the song says, it starts from the 'inside out'. It's truly a privilege to serve God in this position.

Last nite, I witnessed many goose-bumpy moments in class, when students were moved to tears because of some very touching songs/sharing/ bible passages. It's not just about an emotional high though....I believe what was triggered in that classroom, will melt their hearts, refresh their understanding/view of God, and cause a transformation in their life-styles. :)What one student wrote in her feedback form really blew me away, "this course has helped me love God more". What more can you say to that? Wow.

Finally, the song captures the state of our human frailty/brokenness so well. As humans....it's in our 'DNA' to screw up. But time and time again, God has caught us with His grace, whenever we stumble.

From The Inside Out
====================
(Joel Houston)
A thousand times I've failed
Still Your mercy remains
Should I stumble again
Still I'm caught in Your grace

Your will above all else
My purpose remains
The art of losing myself
In bringing You praise

Pre-Chorus:
Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame

Chorus:
In my heart, in my soul
I give You control
Consume me from the inside out Lord
Let justice and praise
Become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

Bridge:
Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame

And the cry of my heart
Is to bring You praise
From the inside out
Lord my soul cries out

1 comment:

oatsandapples said...

wow. can send me some songs or post them up on multiply? :)