Friday, June 16, 2006

An Evening Stroll

I was taking a break from work, when i decided to walk to Thomson Plaza (or YAOHAN as some old-school pple still insist upon). You know when they storm out and say "I'm going out for a walk" or "I just need some fresh air" on TV.....and it seems totally ridiculous and unreal, cos nobody says that in real life. But the whole 'goin for a walk' idea is really quite refreshing...for me at least. Should do it more often....esp. since I am gonna be shifting soon. *sobz* I'll miss thomson!

So there I was....taking it all in. It was a breezy, peaceful, beautiful night....and I found myself talking to God, and hearing His beautiful voice during that little stroll. :) It was one of those "Yes God, it's just you and me" type of moments....just lovely. I had to make a mental note to myself, not to laugh and sing aloud in public. haha! This has happened quite a few times.....me giving strangers on the streets a little shock, as I like to sing softly on my way home. Well, it's late when I go home! I just kinda assume nobody's walking abt.

Anyway, God gave me many exciting ideas for the new syllabus...which was so absolutely cool, I was furiously typing them into my phone, so as not to forget. I'm so grateful, cos i've been hitting a writer's block, which can be so frustrating! Also felt prompted to pray for the Australians (ie. Pam and Audrey)...who are having exams, major assignments down under.

Then I suppose...by association, my evening stroll reminded me of my holiday in Sydney last Nov. Eunice and I spent many chilly nights, wrapped up in our warm jkts, walking around the city area. Of course, most of the shops would be closed at that time, except for eateries and Cole's (the huge supermkt),which we frequented almost every night. (and i was walking to Thomson Plaza to buy groceries, specifically Nutella,...hence the association lah.)

I really need to travel again man. Heh! I wld like to actually wear my pink Zara jkt! It's not been worn since i bought it last Dec (read.....temperate country!!).

3 comments:

Sngs Alumni said...

What Thomson Plaza? Where got? You call wrong already ah? Junction 6 or 7 issit?

My area only got YAOHAN leh...

Michelle-Lea said...

ehhhhhhhh!!! you're one of THOSE!!! Stubborn old-school folk. heh!

Sngs Alumni said...

YAOHANNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!