Thursday, June 15, 2006

Flowers in my hair

The more work I have to do, the more frivalous and bimbotic I get. Interesting correlation eh?
Yesterday, i met up with Rie and May for dinner.....and we ended up at Metro gushing over and trying out super sweet, gu-niang hair-bands/ hair-clips/ scarfs/ hats etc. (wait, i shld clarify....it was Rie and I gushing...May was like all irritated, and "can we go do something fun?")

In the end, Rie bought 2 lovely scarfs at $5 each (they looked like the came out of "Felicity"!),
and I bought a glam blue hair-band, and a clip with sweet pink flowers attached to it (think Jasmine Trias). This reminds me of my stressful honours days in NUS......I remember getting so thrilled when Shujun bought me this flower comb thingy....i shrieked so happily, "i've got flowers in my hair!!!!" :) Hey, you've got to entertain yourself somehow, when u're stuck all day in a little office cubicle k. haha!

The past few days, I've been meaning to get down to serious syllabus planning in the office (since its supposed to be term break n all, so no lessons). But somehow, there've been lotsa surprise visitors to the office, and quite a few tea-sessions/ dinners with frens and students.....which is all incredibly fun, catching up with them....but it also means less productivity for me...which gets me kinda worried and jittery.

Gosh, i hope i manage to clear my work before the term starts again!!
(sorry frens, if i've been tardy in answering your smses/ msn msges...or worse still, forgetting to answer u at all! Been quite engrossed in work.)

Oh....final random comment: is it just me who's ignorant, or does everyone know that there is some unspoken rule with regards to cereal??? I got yelled at by Rie n May when i asked if you could mix KoKoKrunch with other cereal (erm, i personally like to mix it with milo balls, or honey stars). [don't ask me why we're talking abt cereal. we have this 'Seinfeld-istic' friendship...where we just sit ard talking abt nothing. heh! ]

"*horrified gasp, accompanied by threatening murderous look* Did you just BLASPHEME against the Koko Krunch???" (like its some entity lor)
" That's just gross man..."
" You can only mix them if they're geometrically similar" (ie. Koko krunch being crescent shaped, cannot be mixed with round milo balls etc)
"But they're different colours!!"

2 comments:

Michelle-Lea said...

What???? You're all insane...insane I say!! haha! Seriously/ cerealsly...eekss....

Eilonwy still owes us a "21 things" blog entry. *poke poke*

Sngs Alumni said...

airhole is RIGHT! BLASPHEME AGAINST THE FROOT LOOPS, and ALL HAWAIIAN HELL BREAKS LOOSE!