Friday, June 02, 2006

Misread

Kings of Convenience never cease to amaze me with their music, that is at once enchanting, lyrical, creative (with their arrangements), and humourous too!! Check out the 2nd song below, "I'd rather dance with you"....the lyrics are quite funny, guys can relate to it I'm sure. The tune is very groovy too. haha!

The 1st song I've posted, "Misread", reminded me of something a dear friend is going through. I dun wanna write your name here tho'. Anyway, the song hit me with its ironic blend of breezy instrumentation and stark, honest lyrics that are so real....the truth behind it all cuts like a knife. Unexpected combination.

Listen to tracks from their album "Riot on an Empty Street" here:
http://jazzymoo.multiply.com/music


Misread
========

If you want to be my friend
and you want us to get along
Please do not expect me to wrap it up
and keep it there.
The observation I am doing could easily
be understood as cynical demeanour
But one of us misread
What do you know
It happened again

A friend is not a means you utilize
to get somewhere
Somehow didn't notice
Friendship is an end-
What do you know,
It happened again.

How come no one told me
All throughout history
The loneliest people were the ones
who always spoke the truth?
The ones who made a difference
withstanding indifference.
I guess it's up to me now.
Should I take the risk,
or just smile?
What do you know,
It happened again.

I'd Rather Dance With You
======================
I'd rather dance with you than talk with you
so why don't we just move into the other room
There's space for us to shake,
and "hey, I like this tune".
Even if I could hear what you said,
I doubt my reply would be interesting for you to hear.
Because I haven't read a single book all year,
And the only film I saw-
I didn't like it at all.
I'd rather dance than talk with you.

The music's too loud
And the noise from the crowd increases
the chance of misinterpretation.
So let your hips do the talking.
I'll make you laugh by acting like the guy who sings,
and you'll make me smile by really getting into the swing.
I'd rather dance than talk with you.

No comments: