Thursday, October 18, 2007

"Broken lights on the freeway...."

"I'm falling apart, barely breathing
With a broken heart that's still beating
In the pain, there is healing.
In Your name, I find meaning.
So I'm holdin' on. Barely holding on to You.

The broken lights on the freeway
left me here alone
I may have lost my way now
Haven't forgotten my way home."- 'Broken' by Lifehouse

'Broken' from Lifehouse's latest album, "Who we are", has been a favourite song of late with Abi and I. I'm so totally loving Lifehouse now! We'll blast their songs from our cubicles and sing along together from the bottom of our emo hearts. haha!:) I think Lifehouse, like Switchfoot, is doing a brilliant job in appealing to both the mainstream and Christian music listeners. Their songs are easy to relate to, plus the reflective lyrics and memorable lyrics are a winning combination.

I've uploaded some of their songs on my multiply site: http://jazzymoo.multiply.com/music
1) Broken
2) Storm
3) Whatever it takes
4) Blind
5) Everything

'Broken', 'Storm' (haunting, hymn-like number which took my breath away), and 'Everything' have rather spiritual lyrics....and they make pretty good, contemporary songs to do as special items in church, or as part of evangelistic events. :)

'Whatever it takes' is an interesting take on relationships...it's about learning to open up and be vulnerable to each other, even if it means revealing our flaws or brokenness.

"If we're gonna make this work
You gotta let me inside even though it hurts
Don't hide the broken parts that I need to see"- Lifehouse

1 comment:

extravaganza said...

i totally love storm and broken. totally my favs from this album. (: