Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"The shadow proves the sunshine"

This has got to be one of the weirdest weeks I've had. I'm still in a bit of a strange stupor right now. There were moments where I felt rather burdened for some of the dear friends around me...and sometimes it affects me to the point of near-depression. Then another piece of major news hit me like a bomb....and I felt like the carpet was pulled out from beneath my feet. This afternoon, I was on the phone with someone, and she started to cry as she shared about the psychotic/emotional breakdown she's been going through. But it's the reason behind the breakdown that is just totally out of this world....it's quite disturbing.

Many students have been sharing really deeply in class this week too....which means...yes, the floodgates have opened. In those cases, it's good though....cos they've reached a whole new level of vocal expression, singing in a really personal, heartfelt manner.

It's been quite a mixed bag of events/emotions....so Michelle doesn't really know what to feel right now. But she's thankful that she's surrounded by fwens who lift up her spirits (altho sometimes they dun realize they are doing it). :) For being the light, the love in the shadows for her. Thank you for your listening ears, your words of encouragement, your stupid jokes (haha!) , your cookies, your hugs, your prayers etc. The journey ahead still looks like a challenging one.....but it sure is easier when we walk together. :)

"Just breathe...and every little thing will be alright"- Marty Sampson, 'Inhale'

No comments: