Tuesday, October 23, 2007

God moments

I'm just so grateful for the abundance of God moments these days. :) The reality of God's presence and love has been blowing me away. Today was a rather packed day for me....running around like crazy. But it was so rewarding. :) Bernice and I started the day by heading down to Telok Ayer Chinese Methodist Church to observe how they led the Alpha course sessions (an introductory course to Christianity for pre-believers). I was quite moved by the sincerity of the volunteers running the programme. It was very heart warming to see the church unite in love to share the gospel. Today's topic was on healing....and as we prayed for each other and as we sang 'Holy Spirit rain down', I just felt the tenderness of God's love falling down upon us in that place. :)

Lately, my classes have been worshipping with the songs "From the Inside Out" and "With All I Am." And God has been showing up so powerfully in the classes. Sometimes students tell me they'd get goosebumps ( and to think I thought it was only me! haha!). My final class for this evening was particularly passionate and engaged in worship. They're such a blessing to have. :) They really lavish praise on God...and in response to their hunger for Him, God moves so powerfully among them. I couldn't stop playing/singing cos quite a few of them were crying...so we just lingered in worship. We ended the lesson 1/2 hr beyond time...but everyone was fine with that, cos it was a huge God moment that couldn't be rushed. :)

I'm incredibly grateful for these precious God encounters. Something is stirring within my spirit.....it's a scary but exciting feeling. There seems to be a deep passion or burden that He's placing within my heart these days. It comes over me like a wave at times....I could be talking to one of the youths in my classes, or simply watching the church worship during services, and it wells up in my heart, and I feel like crying. I'm not totally sure where He's directing me to....or what is ahead. But something is stirring for sure.

What are You trying to tell me God?

No comments: