Sunday, October 28, 2007

Speechless.... (again!)

I usually look forward to Sun mornings, cos God speaks to me in a very spot-on manner regarding specific concerns/needs during each service at Riverlife church. It's been real mind-blowing and ministering week after week. But today, I woke up feeling kinda down, slightly frustrated......and I actually said this to God, "so what else can You tell me today?" (cos I didn't think that it was possible to top the "I am free" service 2 wks back. How stupid of me!)

So I went for service with Marcus, Muffin Boy, and Shirley. We were worshipping in the sanctuary...and then the 3rd song was sung. It was "From the Inside Out," which we actually don't sing all that often in church. That was the first 'wow', cos I've been singing that song in my classroom intensely for the past week, and God has always moved powerfully during those sessions. I've been listening to it on my iPod during my private time too. God's timing is amazing, once again.

Then came the 2nd 'wow' during the sermon. Pastor Vincent preached about how radical trust in God during times of crisis is possible with a firm recognition of God's sovereignty, and a thorough grasp of our identity in Christ. That's the exact same theme I've been teaching all week in the classroom. *speechless*

I guess I was too busy ministering to the students, and praying that they would encounter God, that I forgot to experience Him for myself. Today was a reminder and a time for me to internalise the lessons myself. Just when I was starting to get a bit jaded out, God comes along and reminds me that He knows.....all that is hidden in my heart.

No comments: