Wednesday, August 06, 2008

It's all good....

Passion Conference KL 2008

Got back from the Passion Conference KL on Mon....it totally exceeded my expectations, and blew me away!!!! I'm still high and glowing from the conference today. God knew I needed it to recharge and refuel, even though I didn't know. :) I will post a full blog entry on it once I'm done sorting through the 500 photos Abi took (300-400 of which were of Chris Tomlin alone. ahha!)....no time to sit down and blog leh.

Today, I went for morning staff devotion in church....and it was Wayne and Libby Huirua leading worship!! Totally enjoyed it....and it kinda reaffirmed what I learnt from the Passion conference. Was sharing with Andrea abt it....how it makes a huge difference to have worship led by passionate worshippers! You can really tell when its just part of their daily worship life...it flows so naturally, they don't really have to try very hard. God's presence is so strong and real, and with that, people are just engaged in worship a lot more easily. Gosh, I really pray we grow in our passion here at our own worship min! :) Oh yes, Wayne and Libby were so loving as a couple too! So sweet lah that they're so expressive about it. Ang mohs! heh!

Was listening to Senior Pastor Vincent speak when I made this little observation....one of the young guys from the video dept, Josh, voluntarily pull up a chair for one of the older ladies from Children's min, Celest, when he saw her standing around. It's a small gesture...but it warmed my heart to see love and unity in action within this this team, this church. It's all about taking care of each other isn't it? And I truly believe it shows in the little things. :)

Had a meeting with Pastor Vincent's wife, Jenny, too after the staff devotion over a report they wanted me to write. It was a work meeting...but I came away from it feeling really recharged and...happy! haha! Although part of me was slightly worried about the report I had to write....I left with this deeper impression. You know how some people are so negative they can just suck the life and joy out of you? But on the other hand, you have people whose presence are just so positively refreshing. :) Well, suffice to say, Jenny falls in the latter category.

So all in all, it's been a crazy busy few days.....but I'm grateful that God has been blessing me with strength to 'run'. And there is joy....down deep within it floweth. :) Yays!

No comments: