Saturday, August 16, 2008

Wayne & Libby Huirua @ RiverLife

L-R: Family pic with 10 year old Josh, Libby, 14 year old Gracie, and Wayne

Last week was really special for us at RiverLife as Wayne & Libby Huirua, who used to front Parachute Band, came all the way down from New Zealand to spend time with our Creative Arts Ministries. :) Over a couple of days, they conducted a series of equipping sessions for us and really just imparted their wealth of knowledge and experience into our lives. They were really inspiring in their lavish worship, and how they encouraged us as lead worshippers to "let our hearts be known". :) It was incredible as all that they taught and shared over the sessions was all that I've been praying and longing for this ministry of late. God is stirring something up here....you can just sense it, and He's knitting our hearts together more and more. :)

It was such a blessing to have them hang out with us, speak into our lives and pray for us (Wayne prayed for me...and it was really powerful). They've got such beautiful and generous hearts...it's always wonderful to have them with us. Looking forward to having them return next year. :)

I don't think I can capture all I wanna say in words right now....so I'll just close with a song that Libby wrote while she was recovering from an operation about 6 weeks back, to remove 3 cysts from her vocal cords. I was really moved when she shared this....cos I've lost my voice temporarily before, and I know how it feels. For a singer, its just so scary and devastating! Anyway, she said that during her recovery period, she had to endure a time of enforced silence. And it was quite terrifying because she didn't know if her voice would return fully after the risky operation. During that time, she cried out to God, "What if I can't sing anymore?", and in the poignant silence, God replied, "But will you still sing for me daughter?"

It seems like an odd reply, but that was when Libby started to realize that although she couldn't sing with her physical voice, her soul was still singing to God all this while. And that life song is so much bigger than what mere lyrics can express of our God. So what is the song that your life is singing? Is it singing fear, anxiety or is it singing of the miracle of God working in your life? :) Awesome revelation eh? Anyway....Libby is recovering well today. And I've posted a video recording of their Huirua family item, "My Soul Sings" at the bottom of this post, together with the lyrics.

To view the full photo album, go to: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=36429&l=85d01&id=712113073

Waiting eagerly for our main session to start.

The guys from the band sharing a light-hearted moment

Wayne conducting a live workshop for us

The attentive crowd

Wayne and Libby spent some time praying for the different teams.

Growing to be a people committed to worship

Me with Wayne & Libby!! :) They were so so encouraging to me.

Sun service

Wayne & Libby wowed us with their super funky and creative rearrangement of Hillsong's "For All You've Done". You could feel the congre's excitement and joy from the ground. I've never heard our band sound better...am so proud of them! :)

They look like they're having smashing fun eh? :) Yeah, the atmosphere was electric that day.

The band with Senior Pastor Vincent Lun

Family item, "My Soul Sings". They look so cute right? Like the Von Trapp family.

A proud daddy and his son. Josh is only 10 yrs old!! Amazing.

Josh & Gracie

Andrea (or Andie as they call her), our music director, with Wayne & Libby

Wayne taking us through a workshop on sound.

Markus, our Swiss keyboardist, and now the worship min's new poster boy. haha! I love this pic that Jerry took.

Different generations and ministries uniting in prayer for each other.

Sarah & Andrea closing the sessions with prayer. God truly took us higher and deeper with Him as a church that weekend. :)



My Soul Sings
(By Libby Huirua)

Words are not enough to describe the majesty of God
There’s a sound of worship rising up from deep within my heart
In the place of silence
I find a way to praise you
In the place of silence
I find a way to praise you still

It’s a new place from a new heart
It’s a new day
My soul sings
My soul sings
As I reach to God-alive

Beyond the words
Beyond the songs
My soul sings
My soul sings

I will be still and know
You are God
I will be still and know
You are God

No comments: