Monday, August 18, 2008

Sweet Treats

See what Abi put on my table today....the post-it says "Your donut!"
It was from J.Co. :) Sure took up a lot of space for ONE donut. haaha!

I had a pretty good day (well, except for one unpleasant work incident...but its fine now), met my aunt Rena (from Sabah) for a big lunch at Canele, Raffles City basement. I've always avoided that place cos it looks so royally atas and pricey. But when I looked through the menu, I found the items to be decently priced. :) Shall be returning soon.....Canele is famous for its deserts (OMG, the choc cake!!), but I found their mains quite excellent too. :) I tried this Crab salad thingy....very tasty with generous portions! Was quite pleasantly surprised. And when I ordered the savoury crepe, it was served the traditional french way, folded in a square. Wow! Impressed.

Had a great time of catching up with my aunt. I love my aunt...she's not here often, so I treasure the times we have together. My own mum can be pretty verbally abusive towards me, very hard to handle to be honest.....so my aunt is always a breath of fresh air to me. She's always been loving, encouraging and supportive. I remember when I was in NUS, and my Dad got retrenched.....she was the one who supplied me my ENTIRE monthly allowance. Even though she had to take care of 4 kids of her own. Wow rite? Thank God for family!

Well, my aunt gave me more good news during our lunch.....my two cousins, Aeron and Sabrina, my fav cousins in the whole world :), are coming to S'pore to work and study respectively next year!! I'm so happy....I'll get to see them more often then just 2 times a year.
Sweet! :)

Then in the evening, I met Berno for a quick dinner at Coffee Bean. :) We both ordered the kid's sized pasta. hehe! I only get to meet my Berno once a week now, so its precious time. After classes, we hung around the office until 10 plus with the rest of the coaches. Erica kept talking crap, and teasing Theo.....haha! Very entertaining. I like. Now, they're organising a Taboo Game Nite next Mon. haha! We haven't done that in a long time, so it should be pretty fun.

No comments: