Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Way That I Was Made...

Just came back from band rehearsal in church....and it was good, really refreshed me. Think I really needed it. I started out my day feeling rather appalled at a rather ugly episode, and then feeling frustrated cos I was having a hard time writing this report for church (it involves a lot of charts and numbers...not my forte). And there was also a part of me that felt restless cos I haven't had time to find my soul's release in writing, and music-making. So yeah, I was tired, snappy, and feeling kinda 'bruised'.

But things turned out quite miraculously as soon as the rehearsal started. Nigel, our worship leader, started out with a prayer to settle our hearts....and Andrea, somehow sensed something was in the air, and spontaneously led us through a time of worship with "There is none like You". [Andie: I've been listening to the Watermark version of this song earlier in the wk btw. heh!] You know....God alone knows the condition of our hearts...and what we need at that particular point of time. And I really felt God was in that tiny studio tonight, and meeting each of us at our point of need. And there is amazing strength, faith and blessing that arises when we choose to worship God for who He is, and not just for what He's done.

I really enjoyed the time of fellowship we had too. It was fun listening to them rehearse their original songs for the "Genesis Project", songwriting festival too. I'm so proud of them lah. :) Looking forward to supporting them during the showcase this Sat!
[Go Dawnie!!! Sing your heart out! I'm your biggest groupie! :)]

Tonight made me realize that I don't need a lot of things to be happy....
Definitely not expensive clothes or jewellery,
a big fat bank account balance, or some important career title.
I just need the love of my God, my dear frens (thanks for being on my side!) and family,
my music, and a meaningful ministry where I can make a difference by building people up, and helping them grow.

It's like re-discovering the way that I was made...
So tonight....I'm not gonna give into the darkness,
I'm gonna sing my way to freedom.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

the off shoulder green top you wore looks nice on you :)