Saturday, November 01, 2008

Of Girly Stuff...


[Warning: This is probably not a blog entry the guys are interested in reading.]

I'm really not a fan of eye make-up cos I HATE the idea of gunk on my eyes/eye-lashes. And I never knew how to handle the stuff anyway. But I kinda had to invest in it now, cos the church has a new live video feed system going on now. And according to Janice who saw me singing on stage, "I have no eyes or eye brows" on the videos. Brilliant.

So today, I went down to Robinsons Beauty Hall with Audrey (always good to shop for make-up with a gf in tow). And sadly, the Bobbi Brown and M.A.C products were either over-priced or the staff weren't very helpful. So I stumbled over to the Benefit counter, and to my surprise, I found exactly what I needed- great service, fantastic, easy-to-use products, and value for money. For $74, I got ALL OF THIS in the special limited edition Christmas "Primpsess- Glamourous Eye Primping Kit."

1) eye concealer
2) creaseless cream base shadow/liner
3) 3 powder shadows: for contouring, accenting & lining
4) mascara
5) eye bright instant eye brightener
6) brushes
7) a pamphlet with a beauty lesson.
8) mirror

No need for eye-lash curler cos the mascara curls your lashes on its own , no need for eye-liner pencil and eyebrow pencil cos the liner shadow serves as both!! Genius! If I went out to some other cosmetic counter, I would have to buy the items separately, and it would probably come up to above $100!

The helpful sales assistant at Benefit patiently taught me, the eye make-up idiot, how to use the products step-by-step. And she even recommended a great blusher, Benetint, for my sensitive skin! Service makes all the difference folks. What can I say? I think I'm a new Benefit fan. :)

No comments: