Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"Washed By The Water"- Needtobreathe



Abi and I were commenting on how dreary the weather outside was today....and it all seemed a bit glum until I discovered this song on my new WOW Hits 2009 cd, "Washed By The Water" by Needtobreathe. And soon we were grooving along and smiling just a bit more. [They're a breath of fresh air in CCM today, and I like how their sound reveals bluegrass roots. The soulful organ sounds are a winner. And yes, they use a NORD!!] It just seemed like the perfect soundtrack for our day. :)

We've never heard of Needtobreathe so I had to work quite hard in persuading Abi to give this song a chance...but she loved it in the end and even put it on loop. haha! If you like John Mayer, and "The Bucket List"...you'll probably love this song too. :) Musically, it just seems to have the same vibe as John Mayer's "Say." Oh...and just a bit of trivia, in one of their live renditions of this song, they did a medley with The Rolling Stones, "You can't always get what you want". Coolness!

"Even when the rain falls
Even when the flood starts rising
Even when the storm comes
I am washed by the water

Even if the Earth crumbles under my feet
Even if the ones I love turn around and crucify me
I won't never ever let you down
I won't fall
I won't fall
I won't fall as long as you're around me."- Needtobreathe

No comments: