Friday, February 13, 2009

The Five Love Languages

Of late, talk about Gary Chapman's "Five Love Languages" has been surfacing during our church staff devotions. It's a great tool in helping one understand how other people are wired, how they express their care and how they like to be appreciated. I took this quiz a long time ago, but recently, I think my results have changed so I decided to take it again. You can scroll down to see my results.

Just an hour or so ago, Dawnie and I spent some time talking about "The Five Love Languages", along with other personality profiling systems, over a leisurely supper. That was right up our alley, cos "quality time" is the primary love language for both of us. haha! Gifts rank lowest with her though. So now I GET IT why I get this very blah, unexcited response from her when I present her with a gift! hahaha!

Anyway, feel free to drop a comment on what your love language is...so I know ya a little better! :)

====================================================================
The Five Love Languages

My primary love language is probably

Quality Time
with a secondary love language being
Physical Touch

Complete set of results

Quality Time: 10
Physical Touch: 8
Words of Affirmation: 6
Receiving Gifts: 4
Acts of Service: 2


Information

Unhappiness in relationships, according to Dr. Gary Chapman, is often due to the fact that we speak different love languages. Sometimes we don't understand our partner's requirements, or even our own. We all have a "love tank" that needs to be filled in order for us to express love to others, but there are different means by which our tank can be filled, and there are different ways that we can express love to others.

Take the quiz












No comments: