Saturday, February 14, 2009

Kidult?

I'm starting to realize that quite a few of my closest fwens are younger than me, or those who are older, are very playful and young at heart.

The truth is....I like hanging out/ serving in church with youths. Ok, initially I thought I was just socially retarded or something...but Dawnie protesteth, and said that I'm just going through a different season than my peers who are coupling or starting families. Grown-up topics can bore me quite a bit to be honest (e.g. investments, house hunting/ renovations, wedding preps etc.) But hanging out with the younger ones, brings out the crazy, fun-loving part of me which is just dying to come out from my introverted core. And yes, people who don't know me well enough don't realize that I'm actually quite drama and ridiculously random. So maybe I'm a kidult (as opposed to adult)? haha!

Ok but in all seriousness, I think I would love to mentor some youths in the worship min, God willing of course. I see so much beauty and potential in them. [And yes Sam, I always feel so proud of you when you're up there worship leading, or even in the congre worshipping with your arms raised high in abandon. :)] I would love to help draw that out even more, and to just journey along with them. It's so important we build into the next generation. After all, I only got this far with the help of some amazing mentors like Jenny Ho and Michelle Poh. They were people who believed in me, even willing to sponsor voice lessons for me, and guided me when I was a blur youth who didn't know what to do with her giftings.

Let's see how God leads in this area. :)
Sam Yuan said something really sweet when I was talking to him about me being a kidult: "Stay the way you are ok? :)" haha! Yay!

No comments: