Sunday, February 22, 2009

"He's Just Not That Into You"


Last nite, Dawnie & I headed to Cathay, Downtown East for a little movie outing. We caught "He's just not that into you" with its stellar ensemble cast of Jennifer Aniston, Ben Affleck, Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Conelly, Justin Long, Scarlett Johnansson and Bradley Cooper (he was Will, in Alias). I must say the casting was fabulous. I've never seen an audience so involved in a film, identify so much with, and root so hard for the characters. You could hear the whole cinema collectively go "awwww" or "Nooooo, don't do it!!!" or "what a jerk!" etc.

In fact, at the end of the film, Dawnie went, "that was the best film EVER!" And I laughed and asked, "of all time???" And I think she said yes! Ok, I'm not sure I would agree with that, but I certainly think it's probably going to be one of the best films of the year, and this one is going down as a romantic-comedy classic. :)

Yes, I know the guys will dismiss it as a chick flick, but seriously...it's a great film for anyone who has ever dated/is dating. It's even rather educational with the writers' insighful and sharp observations of why men/women behave the way they do. (I certainly went home with less fuzzy illusions of the other sex.) It's a movie that will make you laugh, cry, melt, recall some dull ache, reflect and ultimately, hope....that one day, you will be "the exception to the rule." :) Watch the movie to understand what that means!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

it's damn hard to be the exception lor. so i'd rather not hope!

Michelle-Lea said...

oh Dawnieeeee