Sunday, September 25, 2005

"All"

(by Joel Houston)

You're the one who gives me shelter
And You're the light that leads me home
And You're the love that gave forever
Lord ou're all that I know

Chorus:
And all that I am
Unto You I surrender
Lord there is none like You
And I know that I stnd
In the arms of forever
Lord there is none like You

With the world upon Your shoulders
Lord You gave Your life away
If the world I know was over
I know I'd have life in the price you paid

Bridge:
And I will stand
And I will worship You forever
For all You are
And I will stand
And all to YOu I will surrender
I'll worship You forever

===========================================================

I've been staying at home this Sun, to prepare for the start of a new term at BMI. Yes working on my wkend. haha! Bel exclaimed over msn "but it's Sun!!" Yeah i know....and believe me, I've been quite drained out physically and mentally by the workload.

But, I must say...that when I took a break to play my guitar/ keyboard...to worship Him, and to pray....I really felt refreshed and energized.

One of the songs that really ministered to me was "All" by Hillsong United. I was wondering why it was entitled "All". Then I realized we first have to KNOW the God who gave it ALL for us, before we are able to surrender all of ourselves to Him, and worship Him for all that He is.

I realize that I truly need to seek God, and commit my concerns abt the Believer vocal program to Him.....and simply surrender myself to Him. I can't do it on my own strength....I really need Him.

These verses always serve to humble me, and remind me of my role in BMI:
" As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as the ability which God supplies, that in ALL THINGS God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen" - 1 Peter 4:10-11

"Shepherd the flock of God which is among you, serving as overseers, not by constraint but willingly, not for dishonest gain but eagerly;nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock; and when the Chief Shepherd appers, you will receive the crown of glory that does not fade away." - 1 Peter 5: 2-4

I love my job, and it is so rewarding. But I do struggle with fatigue, as I have so many things to oversee and I'm the only vocal coach at this point. Add on to that...my own insecurities too. So well...I've been praying for the Lord to see me through, to empower me for this new term. I hope you can join me as a prayer partner too, it would mean the world to me! (just drop me a comment, so I'll know yeah?) Thanks!!

p/s: Eunice, yes...you can hold me to my promise. I'm praying for you too.:)

Prayer list:
-------------
1) That every single student who enters the vocal program will be touched and inspired by God...and will grow and be anchored in their faith. That the gift of music will be unleashed within them, and that they will achieve breakthroughs with their voices, and freedom in worship.

2) For God to bless me with enough love, compassion, patience, wisdom, sensitivity towards each student that comes under my care. May He help me to see each student through His eyes.

3) For energy and good health!! (i cannot afford to fall sick lor) I have 20 classes (or mebbe 21) so this is crucial.

4) For divine wisdom, understanding and guidance as I teach the Advanced Worship Dynamics 1 module for the first time. We are covering the Tabernacle of Moses. Cheem,deep topic! I am so jittery about it!

5) For inspiration, good time-management, and energy, as I plan the new Advanced Worship Dynamics 2 module...and as I revamp the existing modules

6) For good voice maintenance, greater confidence, freedom, and improved skill in using my own instrument. (i'm so terrified of voice fatigue from the overwhelming teaching load. And also, I need breakthroughs in the area of my own insecurities regarding my vocal ability).
May He use my voice to minister the students under my care.

7) For my own walk with God....that I will grow in strength and intimacy with Him. That I will never abandon my first love...and that I can be an exemplary, effective 'worship leader' for the students.

8) Time and energy for nurturing my personal life. Yes...that too! I don't wanna let my work tire me out so much, until I have no time/ space for you friends, or my family. I love you all! (I'll keep doing this even at the risk of sounding like a broken record. haha!)

3 comments:

winnie said...

hi my dearest moomoo...

GOD will be with you...
Take heart that your prayers are heard, and His Presence will be there for you every step of the way...
You are very precious to Him, so do not worry and just lay in His Peace and Love...
Take care..

Lots of love,
Mrs Fong

Andrea Khoo said...

hey dear mich,

you will do a good job! don't worry too much, just take things as they come and...wahlah - you've got yourself a vocal program :)

the tabernacle is super, you will enjoy it a lot a lot. it was really my favourite to teach.

love
Drea

shadow said...

hi moomoo, i was just passing by and noticed you go to arpc. there's a list of arpc blogs. wonder if you'd like to join? let me know at themailboxofshadow@gmail.com. thx!