Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Seasons

"To everything there is a season,
A time for every purpose under heaven:

A time to be born,
and a time to die;
a time to plant,
and a time to pluck what is planted;
A time to kill,
and a time to heal;
A time to break down,
and time to build up;
A time to weep,
and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn,
and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones,
and a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace,
And a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to gain,
And a time to lose;
A time to keep,
And a time to throw away;
A time to tear,
And a time to sew;
A time to keep silence,
And a time to speak;
A time to love,
And a time to hate;
A time of war,
And a time of peace." - Ecclesiastes 3:1-8


Guess you could say I'm in a rather contemplative mood these days. Just observing the seasons of life....for myself, and the people around me....how God leads us through various events/ journeys for our growth.

I know I'm not big on change, I can be quite sentimental, and I get very attached to the pple ard me. Andrea's leaving BM affected me quite a bit this wk. I will miss having her ard the sch so much...but yet, I'm excited too, knowing the plans that lie ahead of her. (I LOVE YOU ANDREA!!!)

I've also been observing changes in the close friendships i used to hv. Sometimes pple change, and sometimes they don't and that changes the dynamics of the friendship. I'm a bit saddened...a bit puzzled, but well....try as hard as we can, sometimes it's just not within our control. But God is sovereign, n He is in control. (yes Ed, i'm learning abt this whole 'control' thing. :))

"And the river runs, and the river hides,
Out to the ocean, and under the sky
I promise you, the answer will come
Hold on to patience, and watch for the sign
Everything in its time
Everything in its time" -Corrinne May, "Everything in its time"-

No comments: