Thursday, September 15, 2005

Refiner's Fire

"But who can endure the day of His coming?
And who can stand when He appears?
For He is like a refiner's fire
And like fullers' soap.
He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver;
He will purify the sons of Levi,
And purge them as gold and silver,
That they may offer to the Lord
An offering in righteousness" - Malachi 3:2-3-

My classes have been going through the song "Refiner's Fire" this wk.(and "Speak to me"/ "Show me your face". All super power, deep, intense songs) We've been singing the song as a personal prayer of dedication unto the Lord. "Lord, here I am....pls purify me, cleanse me...set me apart. I surrender to You".

It literally takes my breath away to see this 'divine exchange' going on in class. Divinity touching humanity, and humanity reaching out for divinity. In one of my classes tdy (one of my fav classes....this incredibly fun-loving, passionate bunch of music min youths), after praying, and singing through 'Refiner's Fire', we all opened our eyes, n i saw their 'glowing faces', watery, red eyes n sniffly noses. n i dun mean just the gals, even the guys looked visibly moved!! n these are young, macho guys in their prime.

Words fail to express all that I felt in that profound moment. It's never happened in that magnitude before. I just remember thinking "Thank You Jesus!!!" And indeed there's so much to thank Him for.
For touching n moulding my students....
For my awesome, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL students. They are truly incredible. I'm learning loads from them....
For placing me in this job...it is such a privilege to serve Him and His people!


Refiner's Fire
---------------
Purify my heart
Let me be as gold, and precious silver
Purify my heart
Let me be as gold, pure gold

Refiner's Fire
My heart's one desire
Is to be holy
Set apart for You Lord
I choose to be holy
Set apart for You, my master
Ready to do Your will

No comments: