Sunday, September 11, 2005

Heaven....my reality

"I have not been called to the wisdom of this world
But to a God who's calling out to me
And even though the world may think
I'm losing touch with reality
It would be crazy to choose this world
Over eternity." - 'Crazy' by MercyMe

Something I learnt from ARPC's series on Revelations:
Our sovereign God has been, and is implementing His plan.
His plan to judge those who oppose Him,
and to save those who worship Him.
And that is why life is worthwhile.

My prayer for myself is that I will not be swayed from that vision. Not to get distracted by the things of the world. Was sharing abt this issue with Desmond in the afternoon....

For example, let's take something small like our growing fascinations with the latest techy toy/ gadget ("oooh!! cool ipod!!" *fiddle fiddle for 40 mins*), or how technology and the internet has greatly altered the state of human r/ps these days. How many of us prefer talking to our friends thru sms/ msn rather than face to face bcos it guards our privacy and allows us to multi-task? I'll admit, I'm like tt quite often. I'm learning still.

I think our time is getting more fragmented with the array of distractions ard us, and individuals are getting more isolated from each other. The Urban Disconnect. We're forgetting the value of a single person....the need to nurture r/ps....n the central focus of living with heaven in our hearts.

I was singing this song while playing on my guitar tdy..."More than life" by Hillsong. Think it really helps me to remember that heaven is my reality, not the illusory, deceptive worldly obsessions.
Lord, be my 1st love. Amen.

"I love You. More than life."- Reuben Morgan.

No comments: