Monday, September 19, 2005

Lessons from Revelation

I'm really beginning to love Revelation. It used to be the dark, mysterious bk in the bible that nobody dared to venture into....but now that it's being taught in such a clear, moving and powerful manner at ARPC now...I've really grown to develop a deep appreciation for it. It's helped to ground me in my faith, and helped me see the 'big picture' from God's viewpoint.

The lesson that probably impacted me the most was this:
We are not promised physical immunity (hence Christians can still fall sick, die of cancer.. etc), but we HAVE been promised spiritual immunity. The Church is sealed under God's protection!!

When I was reading Revelation 7, i really felt like cheering! Yay! My Saviour is here! God has come to save the day! (n my student said this: 'that is such a powerful and COOL moment!! haha!) Knowing that, makes life all worthwhile....so my friends, persevere on in this race.

This portion really moved me...as it demonstrated the tenderness of our God.

"Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple. And He who sits on the throne will dwell among them. They shall neither hunger anymroe nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat;
for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes." Rev 7:15-17

Lord...help me to stay on the road to Your heart!

(if you are interested in watching/listening to the ARPC sermon series on Revelation, you can check out this website
www.arpc.net/sermons/index2005.htm
"Visions of Suffering" (Rev 6-11) was particularly impressive for me.)

No comments: