Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Just love....

"No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us. By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.

And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Saviour of the world. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.

And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him."
- 2 John 4:12-16-


I'm continuously learning to be patient and loving with some of my difficult/slow students lately. (i dun exactly excel in patience as my frens wld know) This verse is always a good reminder. Sometimes, it's a CHOICE to love....but it's impt to do so, because in doing so, we reveal/ reflect God to each other!

Such a mystery...that God wld choose us broken, imperfect, sinful folks to be his ambassadors.

I'm glad to say that yesterday...many of my slow students achieved their breakthroughs! The spark of realization in their eyes, that says "hey, i did it! wow!" made it all worthwhile. Yeah...a lil love goes a long way. :)


Legacy (Nicole Nordeman)
===========================
I want to leave a legacy
How will they remember me?
Did I choose to love?
Did I point to You enough?
To make a mark on things
I want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace
Who blessed Your name unapologetically
And leave that kind of legacy

3 comments:

Andrea Khoo said...

haha...you were captured by the same song as me!

i see you're discovering the writing of Nichole N :)

This was the song that made me cry on the train on my last day at work...

Michelle-Lea said...

Andrea, you were right abt discovering the song at the correct timing/ season. Her songs didn't impact me the last time i heard it...cos i was very much into the raw, rock Hillsong United type of sound.

But mebbe I've mellowed with age? haha! n u made me examine her lyrics more closely. :) KEWL!!!! or BRILLIANT!!! hee!

Andrea Khoo said...

Moomoo, I STILL love the edgy rock stuff you know!

I just recently got very interested in lyrics - songwriters who write poetically, and writers who write lyrically :)

Wish I could write either way!