Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Bird in Hand

I read this little article on Corrinne May's Facebook page, and was quite moved....think I can really identify with the little bird that she was writing about. On a separate note, don't you think Corrinne May is such a beautiful soul? What she did with the bird was like something out of an old-school Disney movie!! She's like some modern day Snow White or Cinderella! Gosh!

===================================================================
"A funny thing happened the other day...
I was sitting at Peets having my soy steamed drink
(with a white chocolate flavour shot. I've been trying
to cut down on caffeine. It's tough!)
when a bird flew in and tried to fly out, but kept on banging onto the
clear glass window pane, it did this one or two times, and
finally landed up on the floor dazed. I tried to pick it up,
but it flew off again and hit a wall, then it just sat on the bench,
looking very stunned and sad.

So I went over, and picked the bird up in my hand.
It's heart was beating so fast. Poor thing.
I brought it outside and stroked it's little head for a while,
hoping to calm it down and hoping that it hadn't injured itself.
Well, after a while, I opened my hand and it still didn't fly off,
but after a minute, it quickly took off.

I thought about the incident later in the evening,
and it seems to me that sometimes, we're like that bird,
hitting walls and hitting glass windows, thinking we're heading
in the right direction and wondering why we can't go out.
Then perhaps, God comes along, when we're down and out,
and picks us up, and carries us outside so we can fly :)"- Corrinne May, 3rd April 2008

No comments: