Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I Heart Dawn!!!

The super cool, silhouettey "publicity shot".

Last Sat...Muffin & I braved the storm and waded through mud to support the RiverLife songwriters at "The Genesis Project", a Christian songwriting festival at Paya Lebar Methodist Church. (i dunno why it always rains when we go groupie acts) Yes, all for you Dawnie! See how much we heart you! Anyway, it was a worthwhile trip. :) Felt really really proud of the RiverLife team. They did such an awesome job...thought they really raised the bar when they took the stage to perform the 3 original songs by Dawn, Eliz and Ernie. And it wasn't just a performance thingy...they really worshipped God up there. :) I love you guys lah! :)

And we had a whole entourage too....a team of vocalists, accompanied by a full band, a video guy, AND of cos.....not forgetting us groupies. haha! Steady lah! Here are some pics of that day...grabbed from Dawnie n Andrea's cameras. :) Its funny how the camaraderie of The Genesis Project has spawned this whole I Heart Revolution. haha! Everyone is riding the wave and going "I heart (insert name)", and thumping their chest. Yes yes, Dawn I know you started it...you will get all the credit. hee!

You can watch a video of Dawn's song, "I Belong" below. It's a beautiful number...which has been stuck in my head for days. :)

The last I heard....they were considering "Nigel, where are you?" as their band name. haha! Cos Nigel the guitarist, slept through his alarm and missed the soundcheck.

The rhythm section. Jem on drums, Reg on bass. Fierce ah this shot!

Happy faces!

The guys: L-R: Nigel, Samuel, Josh, Reg

The pretty gals- L-R: Andrea, Dawnie, Eliz

Reg's psycho facebook profile pic

Taking the stage!!

Dawnie and her stand...which blocked our view of her! haha!

The vocalists

A video recording of Dawn's song, "I Belong."

1 comment:

Dawn said...

oh man! i've become a title!!!
*blush*
go get a camera!!!! you're stealing all my pix and vids!!!!