Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fa La La La

It's term break....but it's been really busy actually, mainly cos of church work which is coming in like an avalanche. Last nite, I felt so proud of myself for clearing one urgent project at 1am. This afternoon, I went in to BMI to lead a vocal dept meeting, which went pretty well, then I came out to read an email that told me of the pile of other projects that were awaiting me. *faintz*

Looks like I'm not gonna get much rest this term break. A part of me is wondering if I'm unproductive/not working fast enough to handle the workload, or is it simply too much for a part-timer to handle with her limited hours of availability. I dunno...I just wanna escape to Hawaii and bum.

Feeling a little heavy hearted, I met Dehui for dinner before heading for the "Jack & Rai" concert which is part of the Timbre MusicFest. They had 3 sets- acoustic, acoustic with string quartet, full band (I think they were imitating John Mayer). The first 2 sets were seriously a bit boring and not up to standard with pitchy singing and salah notes on the guitar.....but they got it together with the full band set. The band was very tight, (rhythm section was particularly solid!) and they showcased quite a few impressive solos (ahem, I loved the bass and drum solos...but then again, i'm biased towards low frequencies.) The music that nite comprised of songs by John Mayer, Dave Matthews Band, Coldplay, U2, Queen etc and some original songs by Jack & Rai.

Why am I doing a concert review? haha! Anyway...I started to feel better after i had a couple of drinks (whoa-oh-oh, beer be the solution!), great conversation with Dehui, and exchanged a series of smses with Abi, Muffin and Dawnie. :) Oh my fwens, you make such a diffce in my life!

See what I typed to Dawnie:
========================
Mich: "How far do I have to go to get to you? Many the miles, many the miles!"
Dawnie: "Send me the miles!" [those are Sara Bareilles lyrics]
Mich: Oh, you complete me!! *hugz*

Ok...lots of random crap from me tonight (i have alcohol in my bloodstream). Just had to let it out. I'm going to prepare for bed now, and hopefully face my avalanche of work bravely in the face tmrw!

No comments: