Monday, September 08, 2008

Sentimental Freak

"I'm just a sentimental freak
Standing at the crossroad of hello and goodbye..."- LawnLines

Those lines of Dawn's song, "I belong," became very real to me today as it was Berno's last day of work at BMI. We've been colleagues, and really really close frens for 5 years now. I'm happy for her that she's moving on, and enjoying her new job. Yet, we both feel a little sad cos it means we won't get to see each other regularly. As it is, seeing her only once a week has been really rough. Sigh. This is a girl who has been taking care of my heart for years..she means a lot to me lah.

Today, I thought it wld be nice to get her a bouquet of sunflowers for her last week...so I got all the gals to share in the cost. The funny thing was, about an hour later...Berno walked up with a single rose stalk for me, bought from the same florist downstairs. haha! We so think alike lah. So sweet lah that girl!

I'M GONNA MISS HER!!!!! Oh man...feeling a bit weepy now.
Abi says she doesn't do hugs and flowers,
Steph (Abi's sis) doesn't do conflict,
And I don't do farewells. Not very well at least.
Yes, I'm just a sentimental freak.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

awww.... such a sentimental freak, yes. like me.