Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Behind the Scenes with an Author....

I read Kem Meyer's blog quite frequently for ideas as she's the Communications Director of Granger Community Church. And today, she had a funny little post with what she calls her "little worthless insight on what happens on her writing days."

This excerpt sounds uncannily like my work days at home (but my mum prefers to call it "wasting electricity at home.")

============================================================
Vocabulary
I make up words when I'm locked in a room by myself.
  • Isolativity: Combination of lonely isolation and productivity. The up and downside of writing.
  • Manuscrap: Combination of manuscript and crap. Potential outcome without productive days and an outsider's perspective of my work
Exercise. I'm failing miserably. It looks like this:
    • Walk from my desk to the coffee pot, and return.
    • Walk from my desk to the bathroom and return.
    • Walk from my desk to the chocolate stash and return.

No comments: