Thursday, January 01, 2009

Possibilities

Danny my fwen called me on Sun afternoon, and pulled together a totally last min New Year's Eve gig at the S'pore Flyer that brought together many close frens (most of whom were my dear ex-colleagues in BMI). We only had 1 rehearsal hours before the actual gig! And the 2 days leading up to the gig was a mad rush with preparations keeping me and Danny up till 5am in the morning!

This was the final set list:
======================
1) Everlasting God (Linc Brewster version)
2) Fields of Grace (Big Daddy Weave version)
3) You are the One (Linc Brewster)
4) If you didn't love me (Corrinne May)
5) I belong ((Dawn Wong)
6) Made to worship (Chris Tomlin)
7) You are good (Israel Houghton)
8) Dreamer (Bethany Dillon)
9) Who am I (Casting Crowns)
10) Let the praises ring (Linc Brewster)

Can't believe we pulled it off, but well, Danny didn't call this bunch the "Kilat Band" (malay for skilled) for nothing. Yeah, we were blessed with AMAZING musos! :) The sound was quite sucky at the 2 venues, and we weren't exactly technically polished...but I think we all had a blast. And what better way to step into 2009, than by worshipping God and creating awesome music with your close frens? :)

Its interesting how events unfolded, and this rare opportunity to play praise & worship/CCM songs openly in public landed in our laps. It also reunited old friends, brought together new ones, and created exciting and beautiful musical partnerships. :) I'm very thrilled about the possibilities and journey(s) ahead. :)

As we cross over into 2009...I'm gleaning a few precious lessons- to remember that He is the God of the seasons, and that I need to let go.....and at the same time, allow Him to prepare and excite my heart with new possibilities. :)

And since we're talking about possibilities, allow me to leave you with a hopeful message for the new year with a song from our dear Corrinne May. :) Looking ahead with you my frens....

"You can be a witness You can be a prophet
You can make the whole world believe
Break the strongest fortress, Change the way the world thinks
You can build a bridge where foes can meet
Hope for the future
Shout it, don't whisper, dreams are what you make them to be
There is hope in every heartbeat
Tiny as it seems
You're a beautiful seed"
- 'Beautiful Seed' by Corrinne May

Quite a surreal experience, singing praise & worship songs in a pub!

Introducing the Kilat Band- Danny on lead vox and acoustic guit, Andrea on keys, Reg on bass, Daniel Wilson on electric guit, Oliver on drums, Dawn and myself on lead/backing vox.

This is what they were doing mid-way through our set. During countdown time, Dawnie, Marcus and Erica ran out to catch the fireworks!


Find the joy in your life. :)

Dawnie decided to come back in to get ready for her song. haha!

Singing Corrinne May's "If you didn't love" with Dawnie and Danny on back-up vocals.

2nd set at the Greek Amphitheatre. Can't believe we had the opportunity to glorify God by singing songs of love, hope and truth in such a public place. And the audience was like a snapshot of S'pore society with a multi-racial/religious mix. I think even if we touched just one soul with our music, that would have made it all worth it. Reminded me of how Hillsong celebrated their anniversary by holding a worship concert at Darling Harbour. :)



Marcus and Erica, our groupies cum hardworking roadies having a gelato break! Thanks fwens for your support!! :)

It was great fun singing with Dawnie on the 3 songs we did together- Dawn's original song, "I Belong," Bethany Dillon's "Dreamer" and Corrinne May's "If you didn't love me".

The infamous Flyer....and no, its still not moving. haha!

The lights make the backdrop look like some UFO.

Ericaaaaaa my fwenny!

The Kilat Band!
L-R: Oliver, Danny, Daniel Wilson, Reg, Andrea, me, Dawnie

View the rest of the photos here

No comments: