Sunday, January 18, 2009

Girls' Nite Out

Had a lovely reunion with the gals-Berno, Erica and Abi, at Sizzler's Suntec last nite. I really missed hanging out with them and it's always great fun with this crazy and super random bunch. Haha! I'm learning that normal pple are NOT random, we are actually the weird ones! But we're just so used to each other's randomness. Anyway, it's so great to be totally at ease with this bunch.

Abi being super animated as usual. And what's that in front of us? A rack of pork ribs. Eeee! (It was Erica's)

Berno enjoying her veggies and garlic mooshrooms

I was holding my plate and hanging around the ice-cream bar, in a slightly dubious fashion. Just before I was about to do the deed, Abi saw me, read my mind, and yelled from across the bar, "NO!! You are NOT putting rainbow sprinkles on your fruits!" HAHA! It was freaking hilarious. She knows my weird tendency to mix and experiment with diff food types (e.g wafers in Tom Yam soup/ Pandan cake with grass jelly) Anyway...I DID IT! And the peaches tasted great with the rainbow sprinkles! Very weird meh? At least they're both sweet.

Berno actually got a whole cup of sprinkles and choc chips for me. Awww! :) And Erica said I looked like a happy kid sprinkling them on my ice-cream. haha! If you haven't realized by now, rainbow sprinkles are one of my fav food groups! :) They look so cheerful.

Garlic Mushroom Ice-cream cone?? Hmmm....don't worry, Abi didn't actually eat it like that.

Oh yes, Erica said we were all supposed to turn up in long skirts for this dinner. Why? Cos she had a new skirt, and wanted an excuse to wear it. (Note to self: The recent windy weather can make wearing long skirts a pretty precarious affair) Abi is hiding behind, cos she thought Erica was joking and turned up in...

SHORTS!!! haha! Berno looks like she's going to attend a wedding! heh!

And Steph, Abi's younger sis, came down to join us at the end. :) We're all going to watch "The Soloist" in Feb! A muso movie starring Robert Downey Jr and Jamie Foxx. Its based on a true story abt a journalist who discovers a former classical music prodigy, playing his violin on the streets of L.A. As the journalist helps the homeless man find his way back, a unique, life-changing friendship is forged. The trailer looks awesome, and I think the movie will be pretty good cos its directed by Joe Wright, who also directed "Pride & Prejudice" and "Atonement." Yayness! :)

No comments: