Monday, January 19, 2009

Repose


1) Yesterday was quite a nerve-wrecking day as I conducted the choir for the very first time in my entire life. I screwed up the Thur rehearsal big time, and I got so super emo and discouraged from that experience. BUT God really pulled me through the actual services, and they went pretty well. Phew! So in the end, I'm glad I got pushed to the edge.....I experienced first-hand how God could use me in spite of my inadequacies. And I've grown so much from it.

I'm amazed by how much the choir has improved over the last few months, and seeing the sea of radiant, worshipful faces before me really moved my heart. God was worshipped that day! :) It was really good to connect deeper with different members of the choir too.

2) After running on adrenalin the whole of Sun, I crashed out and woke up at 9.30am (guess the retreat in Malacca screwed with my nocturnal ways).

3) I went to trade-in my temperamental W660i phone, for the Sony Ericsson C905 kick-ass camera phone (8mp baby!). It was on special offer, and I thought $398 was a pretty gd price for a new handphone AND point-and-shoot camera. Dawnie is happy cos I won't have to rely on her camera anymore (which is also 8mp). They actually sell tripods for this phone model! Amazing.

4) I headed to "Toast" cafe at a secluded corner of Taka, to enjoy a chix casear sandwich, mocha, and to read my Keith Green book. It felt REALLY good to have that pocket of space to be still. I was trying not to cry while reading the book in the cafe. haha!

5) I moved on to Borders to source for books on screen-writing, documentary filming, and to redeem a $10 voucher. I used it on Chris Tomlin's "Live at Austin Music Hall" album, which is absolutely fabulous. Only Chris can SOUND cute on his albums. haha!

6) I got a really hilarious phone call from Dawnie which made me laugh out loud in the middle of Orchard Road.

7) When I got home, I tried to get acquainted with my new phone. After an initial frustrating phase, I think we're both getting along better now. Still, Muffin you can help me look out for that bf we talked about. Remember he must:
- be able to help me with techy stuff
- be able to pour drinks for me without spilling
- be able to sing/play an instrument, or better still lead worship
- be willing to travel to Australia with me frequently
- accept and hopefully agree that Joel is always #1
- Oh...and must like dogs! haha!

8) All in all, it was a pretty fruitful day. It feels surprisingly good to be able to rest on Mon (my new off day) after being bz in church on Suns. :)

No comments: