Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Journey Thus Far...

I'm so glad to have a short breather now in the midst of my jam-packed week. It's my first week as a full-time church worker....and as it is, I'm learning so much from the leadership, and being stretched like never before.

By the middle of the week, I think I was a bit stunned at the new projects thrown on my plate. It's definitely going to be a year where we have to go places we've never gone before. It's not comfortable, it's a bit stressful and tiring, but at least we're gonna grow and the ride isn't gonna be mundane. Yeah, so thank God for that! And I remember Sarah, my director, telling me, "Don't be afraid of making mistakes." Wow! What an amazingly refreshing tip coming from a leader. Well, I'm probably gonna make quite a few mistakes along the way...but I'm learning to laugh it off and then try again. :)

Am also grateful to God for bringing together fellow musos who have a love for acoustic music! (Yeah, Acoustikers United!!) :) I've found my musical soul mates in Dawnie and Nigel. haha! Can't wait to get together properly to jam and do some recordings. Nigel actually did a beautiful acoustic recording of "None But Jesus" this week...and he used his fish food as the shaker, cos his real shaker got stolen in hall. HAHA! But it sounded pretty alrite in the recording.

Oooh! And my condenser mike arrived in gd time! Jeremy bought it back from China, only $50 for professional quality. It's a steal. :)

No comments: